Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki
“Does fighting terrorism mean supporting professional killers?” Manouchehr Mottaki asked at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, according to Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast who accompanied him on the trip.
“The US must explain why it has scheduled a meting with AbdolMalek Rigi. The US must explain what AbdolMalek Rigi was doing at the US base in Afghanistan and why he was going to meet high-ranking US officials at the US Manas base near the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek,” he added.
Last week, Iranian security forces captured ringleader of the Jundallah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi, while he was on a flight from Dubai to Kyrgyzstan.
“Doesn’t the US know that over 400 people have been killed or wounded in criminal activities carried out by this group?” Mottaki asked.
Mehmanparast said that the Iranian foreign minister had also criticized the United States’ European allies for removing the Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) from their list of terrorist groups.
The MKO, listed as a terrorist group in Iran, Iraq, Canada, and the US, has claimed responsibility for numerous deadly attacks against Iranian government officials and civilians over the past 30 years.
The attacks include the assassination of the late president Mohammad-Ali Rajaei, prime minister Mohammad-Javad Bahonar and judiciary chief Ayatollah Mohammad Beheshti.
The MKO is also known to have cooperated with former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein in suppressing the 1991 uprisings in southern Iraq and the massacre of Iraqi Kurds.
The organization is, moreover, notorious for using cult-like intimidation tactics against its own members, such as the torture and murder of defectors.
February 24, 6:20 PMLA County Nonpartisan ExaminerCarl Herman
The yearly need of Iran for life-saving medical isotopes is less than one gram and costs Iran $75,000 to refine the fuel. Iran has stated they would prefer to buy the isotopes rather than produce them. The US could resolve the threat of war with Iran if President Obama made a speech today saying the US will allow Iran to produce it themselves under inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a legal right guaranteed by treaty among nations including the US and Iran, or by the US selling Iran the isotopes.
- the explanation of the rules of lawful war omitted from their training of what they can and cannot do after war begins.
- I can provide analogies that the rules of war are almost exactly like those limiting an individual’s use of self-defense on the street.
- I can point out the lies that were known to be lies as our political “leaders” told them and our war-whore corporate media mimicked to propagandize for war in Iraq.
- I can show you the speech of Iranian President Ahmadinejad to prove he never threatened Israel.
- I can prove that IAEA verifies all of Iran’s nuclear material has only and always been used for legal and peaceful purposes.
- I can remind you that you love virtue, American values, and love of your fellow human beings.
- Understand the laws of war (and here). These were legislated after WW2 and are crystal-clear that only self-defense, in a narrow legal meaning, can justify war. The current US wars are not even close to being lawful and are legal treason against the US. Those involved with US military, government, and law enforcement have an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution. To fulfill their oath they must immediately refuse all orders associated with unlawful wars and military-related constant violation of treaties, and arrest those who issue unlawful orders. The Oath of Enlistment to the US Constitution supersedes the fascist insertion of Nazi propaganda to “always place the mission first” of blindly following unlawful orders.
- Employ the obvious and simple solutions to end our economic controlled demolition and evolve to a civil economy. End poverty through global cooperation to achieve the UN Millennium Goals by developed countries investing 0.7% of their income (not that the UN is serious for their accomplishment, but the goals are what we should invest to produce). Support global security through cooperation, dignity, justice, and freedom. Create a US Department of Peace to help.
- Communicate. Trust your unique, beautiful, and powerful self-expression to share as you feel appropriate. Understand that while many people are ready to embrace difficult facts, many are not. Anticipate that you will be attacked and prepare your virtuous response in the spirit of competition, just as you do in other fields.
- Prosecute the war leaders for obvious violation of the letter and spirit of US war laws and constant lies to engage in further wars. Because the crimes are so broad and deep, I recommend Truth and Reconciliation (T&R) to exchange full truth and return of stolen US assets for non-prosecution. This is the most expeditious way to understand and end all unlawful and harmful acts. Those who reject T&R are subject to prosecution.
USA Shifts Iran Focus to Support Opposition by Jay Solomon, Wall Street Journal
“The White House is crafting new financial sanctions specifically designed to punish the Iranian entities and individuals most directly involved in the crackdown on Iran’s dissident forces, said the U.S. officials, rather than just those involved in Iran’s nuclear program.”
“Since the opposition movement’s demonstrations recently peaked after the death of reformist Islamic cleric Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, a number of Iran scholars in the U.S. said they have been contacted by senior administration officials eager to understand if the Iranian unrest suggested a greater threat to Tehran’s government than originally understood.”
“The tone has changed in the conversation,” said one scholar who discussed Iran with senior U.S. officials. “There’s realization now that this unrest really matters.”
for full report :